Friday, May 6, 2011

Retirement Benefit, Number 49


One of the great benefits of retirement, one I had never considered beforehand, is that I can go to bed as early or as late as I want and get up as early or as late as I feel rested. Last night, for example, I fell asleep around 9 PM and I popped up this morning at about 4:30 AM. Less sleep than my usual 9 or 10 hours but I felt rested and if I tire during the day I can always take a nap.

No worries that I have to be up and sharp early for a Rotary breakfast function or a Chamber of Commerce event. No concerns that I’ll be out late again at a City Council meeting or off to a conference somewhere. It’s really a lot like being a baby again, being retired: eat when you are hungry, sleep when you are tired. It won’t be long, I suppose before I even revert to the poop in the pants routine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind. I'm so old a snide comment might be the end of me!