Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Three Cap Rule for bald men with thin eyelashes

I have invented and pretty well stick with the three cap rule in hot and humid weather. It’s very simple: when I have completely sweated through three baseball caps, so that each in turn is dripping down from the brim, I stop working, take an outdoor shower and do something less active.

Depending on that very heat and humidity, it can take me two or three or more hours to use up three caps completely. I do sometimes cheat a little by sitting quietly in the shade for ten minutes to rest while the cap sits in the sun, hopefully, drying out some. But, inevitably, we reach a point where the cap is no longer useful in keeping sweat out of my eyes and it’s time for the next one or, better yet, time to call it a day.

I realize this is probably more than anyone would wish to know but aren’t old people supposed to say outrageous things that annoy and shock younger, more sensible people?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind. I'm so old a snide comment might be the end of me!