Saturday, March 20, 2010

Grandpa Joe is undone

I was taking the two youngest granddaughters to school in Raleigh last week while visiting. And, of course, I was making fun of their school. They attend the Fuller School so, being as old as I am, I was asking if they enjoyed the Fuller Brush School and were they learning to make brushes and sell them door to door.

The older of the two, Lillian, looked at me in the rear view mirror with a very serious expression from her booster seat in the back and said, “Grandpa, you shouldn’t make fun of the Fuller Magnet School for the Gifted and Talented. It is hard to get accepted here.” I said, “So…”. And she responded, “You probably couldn’t go to school here.” “Why”, I asked, surprised.” “Well, you’re not very talented” she replied in a matter of fact manner.

It appears that 8 year old Lillian Schlamp has my number. Not very talented. I think I’m offended.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind. I'm so old a snide comment might be the end of me!