Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Some I like, some I don't


Some things about Ron Paul’s politics are so attractive to me I almost want to kiss the old geezer. The non-interventionist foreign policy, ending our role as policeman to the world, and the decriminalization of drugs seem just so sensible. And who hasn’t shaken their mental fist at the Fed?

On the other hand, he’s also in favor of cutting government to the point where it will not be able to help anyone that truly needs it. The mentally ill already wander around getting very little help and under Dr. Paul they, along with everyone with a special need, would be left to fend for themselves. He’s an advocate of the gold standard. The guy thinks paper money is phony money. He wouldn’t support education or half a dozen other important federal initiatives like health and research.

In addition, this fellow is as old as the hills. He’s sharp, no doubt about it. But if I had to bet on him lasting through a first term as President I would have to think about it twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind. I'm so old a snide comment might be the end of me!