Friday, November 26, 2010

What a device...


I have a cool, new cell phone, an android HTC Incredible, a real “mobile device”.
I, like, love it.

Well, that is, except for the fact that my bloody thumbs are too large by half and I often end up calling the poor bastard whose name sits right under the name of the person I intended to call. No matter how quickly I end that call it still goes through and moments later I get a call from the wrongly dialed asking if I just called them. Yes, Sparky, but I don’t want to talk to you today!

There are apparently screen touches and then there are touches. If I poke a button that usually initiates a call to someone, a screen may appear out of the blue which doesn’t help me to make a call at all, or do whatever I’m trying to do, but gives me some sort of list of things I might be interested in. So this touching the screen shit is, like, small and nuanced.

This phone has unlimited texting which would be nice if I could actually text anything that was decipherable. I tried putting it flat on a counter, sort of like toast in need of butter, to help with this and tried poking it with my forefinger. If you read Serb-Croation maybe you could read this.

If I held down the red button on my old cell phone, it would end the call and then shut off the goddamned phone. Good if I was heading  into church for a funeral or appearing before the City Council. This one can be set to vibrate after a number of touches to the touch-screen but the damn thing can’t be shut off! I know this because I asked when I was in Android class at the Verizon store. The best I can do is to place it in “airplane” mode after lots of touching buttons.

Now I know what all those uber cool people are doing standing there slack-jawed whaling on their touch screen cell phones. There trying to shut the bloody things off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind. I'm so old a snide comment might be the end of me!