Saturday, September 19, 2009

Bed Rest

I'm convinced, for me at least, the torment of the damned is being told not to do anything at all for 10 days or 6 weeks or whatever.

I have been reading a lot and watching movies on TV. I suppose I could clean the house except I did that just before going to the hospital in case anyone had to come in while I was away.

I do cook, but using only one hand limits my range of dishes. And since I can't exercise I guess I'll just blow up to Enormous.

I make lists of things I'll plant next summer and repairs I need to make on the house. I'm going to do some Internet shopping today for the Holidays. I'll send some thank you notes.

My brother John came to visit. He drove me to the library, the auto insurance agency, the Registry and the bank. I was told not to drive so at least, with him driving, I could get some errands done.

But how do you determine if something weighs 5 pounds so you don't pick it up? How exactly are you supposed to get it on the scale in the first place?

1 comment:

  1. Hard to imagine you merely shopping for juice and muffins in a grocery store and not climbing rickety wood-ant-weakened 16-foot ladders to the tops of slick rooftops in tempest-storm winds tempting fate replacing miniscule weathervane screws. But times change, and we must change with them.

    ReplyDelete

Be kind. I'm so old a snide comment might be the end of me!